||Blue, Green, Grey, Purple
||10.7" x 9.4" x 2"
||This communication aid has been tested, with its accessories, as a class one medical device and fully complies with all parts of the 93/42/EEC as amended by 2007/47/EC (MDD).
NOVA chat 10 Active
NOVA Chat 10 is now available in NEW Active and Classic versions. It offers the well-known NOVA Chat software on an impressive 10" Android platform. Redesigned single port charger provides convenient, simultaneous charging of device and amp whilst offering superior speaker quality.
NOVA chat 10 Active
The new Active model has a thick EVA foam wrap to provide shock absorption and added durability. Designed for an energetic, on-the-go communicator, this device is lightweight and portable with the added protection of a wrap to help withstand drops and falls. Choose one of four colours: Blue, Grey, Green or Pink!
NOVA chats include the Ivona voices which includes a child's voice, a teen's voice, as well as numerous American & British English adult options. Acapela voices are also available as an optional extra. The sound clarity of NOVA chat outdoes that of any portable communication system of it's size.
Information on the voices included can be found here.
The NOVA chat 10 Active comes with an 10" screen and weighs only 1.07kg. The capacitive touchscreen is accessible by finger touch or an included stylus, the NOVA chat 10 also supports single and dual switch scanning.
- Combination of ChatPC and TouchChat functionality
- Available with WordPower, MultiChat, myQuickChat, Vocab PC, Spelling, Communication Journey: Aphasia or LAMP Words for Life vocabularies
- A wide range of synthesised voices
- Compatible with 3rd party voice synthesisers including voices from Cereproc
- Bluetooth® for wireless accessories and phone calling and texting functionality
- Single and dual switch scanning
- Front and Rear cameras
- Carry handle
- Android Operating System
- Unrivalled Total LibCare Including 3 Year Warranty
- Acapela (Choice of 1 voice included)
- Information on the voices included can be found Here.
NOVA chat 10 Standard Configuration
- Chat Software with a choice of popular AAC vocabulary configurations
- Screen Resolution 2048 x 1536
- Battery charger
- Capacitive stylus
- USB flash drive
- Dual cameras
- Choice of 4 Colour Wrap included (Blue, Green, Purple and Grey)
Vocabulary Options such as WordPower from Inman Innovations highlight the listing of powerful communication options that are provided. WordPower offers a series of new AAC vocabularies designed specifically for the Chat Software.
- "Communication Journey: Aphasia” is a vocabulary file containing features and vocabulary designed to support people with aphasia. It was developed in consultation with a group of speech and language therapists who work exclusively with people with aphasia and brain injuries. The framework of the file was derived from the Life Participation Approach to Aphasia from the Aphasia Institute in Toronto, Canada. The pages were created to facilitate participation in daily activities and to promote social links.
- WordPower 20 Simply incorporates carrier phrases with core words for quick and easy language generation and therefore, could be called a “hybrid,” because it can be used primarily as a phrase-based system, or as a word-based system. It was designed for users with motor disabilities and access issues, those with vision impairment that need large cells and print, cognitively and severely language disabled individuals who benefit from phrases to assist with quick language generation, and those who have scanning access needs.
- WordPower 25 Touch & Scan is a new vocabulary designed to be accessible via direct selection as well as scanning for quick and easy language generation. It incorporates carrier phrases with core words that move seamlessly between the main page and related categories. Individuals who need a sophisticated and efficient language system with a minimum number of cells per page will benefit from this robust vocabulary.
- WordPower 42 Basic is a simplified version of WordPower 42. This word-based system remains rich in core vocabulary, and it may be appropriate for beginning users or those who need a more basic vocabulary design. It is designed to make communication fast and easy.
- WordPower 48 is a modified version of WordPower 42, but it includes an extra column on every page. The extra column includes designated buttons for clear, smart period, delete word, and plural –s. It is a word-based vocabulary that was designed to be an easy and intuitive generative language system. This vocabulary is configured to work with a keyguard and with scanning.
- WordPower 60 consists of a large number of high frequency words available on the main page, resulting in fast communication with reduced keystrokes. Word completion and logical next words are used, and the "grammar" function provides morphological endings to verbs, nouns and adjectives. Spelling with word prediction along with the category-based pages contained in all other versions of the vocabulary are also available. This vocabulary is configured to work with a keyguard.
- WordPower 80 is a vocabulary consisting of high-frequency core words, spelling and word prediction, all on the main page. It also includes the category-based pages contained in all other versions of the vocabulary. With this setup, the user can use core words in the same sentences without moving to a separate page to spell. This vocabulary is configured to work with a keyguard and with scanning.
- A Basic 4-Location file has also been added for those needing minimal targets.
- MultiChat 15 is offered in a Student, Adolescent and Adult version. There are multiple forms of communication available in this program: sentences, phrases, individual words, recordings for story-telling, and visual scenes. Also included are interactive play and reading pages, social pages and a News-2-You starter page for the weekly newspaper’s vocabulary. There are symbols on every button with the exception of several core words.