||Blue, Green, Grey, Purple
||30 x 21 x 3cm
||This communication aid has been tested, with its accessories, as a class one medical device and fully complies with all parts of the 93/42/EEC as amended by 2007/47/EC (MDD).
NOVA chat 12
NOVA chat 12 has the largest display of any Chat communication device and an updated interface. It offers the well-known Chat Software on an Android platform. Like all "Chats," NOVA chat 12 offers a durable yet sleek portable design, with features that include a 12.2" display, single or dual switch scanning, Social Chat, IVONA speech synthesizer, and many other Chat features.
A variety of vocabulary configurations provide options for each individual that uses our "Chat" systems. NOVA chat includes thousands of SymbolStix™ symbols, and PCS™ symbols can be added.
New for NOVA chat are the Ivona voices which include a child's voice, a teen's voice, as well as numerous American & British English adult options. Acapela voices are also available as an option and include the NEW Harry and Rosie English Child Voices. The sound clarity of NOVA chat outdoes that of any portable communication systems of its size.
Information on the voices included can be found here.
NOVA chat 12 comes with a 12.2" screen and weighs only 2.85 lbs. The capacitive touchscreen is accessible by finger touch or an included stylus.
A rubberised protective shield protects the system while colour shells give it an up-to-date style. No need to choose just one colour, as four colour shells are provided with each system. Blue, green and purple offer youthful, fun options while a grey option provides a more sophisticated look.
Vocabulary Options such as WordPower from Inman Innovations highlight the listing of powerful communication options that are provided. WordPower offers a series of new AAC vocabularies designed specifically for the NOVA chat 12.
- Updated user interface
- Combination of ChatPC and TouchChat functionality
- Single and dual switch scanning
- Social Chat Features (copy/paste/share text with social networks)
- Improved File Transferring (more stable/quicker transfers)
- NOVA chat Editor (CD)
- New Vocabulary - ChatPower 20 Simply, ChatPower 60 and ChatPower 108
- Built-in Front and Rear Cameras
- Word Prediction
- 4 colour shells included
- 3 years Total LibCare Warranty
- Free training included
Vocabulary Options such as ChatPower from Inman Innovations highlight the listing of powerful communication options that are provided. ChatPower offers a series of AAC vocabularies designed specifically for the Chat Software.
- ChatPower20 Simply incorporates carrier phrases with core words for quick and easy language generation and therefore, could be called a “hybrid,” because it can be used primarily as a phrase-based system, or as a word-based system. It was designed for users with motor disabilities and access issues, those with vision impairment that need large cells and print, cognitively and severely language disabled individuals who benefit from phrases to assist with quick language generation.
- ChatPower 24 & 42 are word-based vocabularies that allow for easy intuitive communication. The programs have been designed specifically for this portable and readily available platform. It is a generative language system that will be familiar to those using WordPower on other systems, and easy to learn for new users.
- ChatPower 24 with Phrases is also a word-based vocabulary program, but phrases and sentences starters have been incorporated in order to make language generation easier for those who may have difficulty with a word-based program. Core language and category-based words are included in this program.
- ChatPower 30 is a modified version of ChatPower24, but it includes an extra column on every page. The extra column includes designated buttons for clear, delete word, smart period, and plural –s. It is a word-based vocabulary that was designed to be an easy and intuitive generative language system. This vocabulary is configured to work with a keyguard and with scanning.
- ChatPower 42 Basic is a simplified version of ChatPower42. This word-based system remains rich in core vocabulary, and it may be appropriate for beginning users or those who need a more basic vocabulary design. It is designed to make communication fast and easy.
- ChatPower 48 is a modified version of ChatPower42, but it includes an extra column on every page. The extra column includes designated buttons for clear, smart period, delete word, and plural –s. It is a word-based vocabulary that was designed to be an easy and intuitive generative language system. This vocabulary is configured to work with a keyguard and with scanning.
- ChatPower 60 consists of a large number of high frequency words available on the main page, resulting in fast communication with reduced keystrokes. Word completion and logical next words are used, and the "grammar" function provides morphological endings to verbs, nouns and adjectives. Spelling with word prediction along with the category-based pages contained in all other versions of the vocabulary are also available. This vocabulary is configured to work with a keyguard.
- ChatPower 80 is a vocabulary consisting of high-frequency core words, spelling and word prediction, all on the main page. It also includes the category-based pages contained in all other versions of the vocabulary. With this setup, the user can use core words in the same sentences without moving to a separate page to spell. This vocabulary is configured to work with a keyguard and with scanning.
- ChatPower 108 is the newest ChatPower vocabulary option. It consists of a large number of high frequency words on the main page, resulting in fast communication and quick access to core words. Word completion and logical next words are used, and the “grammar” function provides morphological endings to verbs, nouns and adjectives.
- A Basic 4-Location file has also been added for those needing minimal targets.
- MultiChat 15 is offered in a Student, Adolescent and Adult version of NOVA chat 7. There are multiple forms of communication available in this program: sentences, phrases, individual words, recordings for storytelling, and visual scenes. Also included are interactive play and reading pages, social pages and a News-2-You starter page for the weekly newspaper’s vocabulary. There are symbols on every button with the exception of several core words.