||17 x 9 x 2.8cm
||This communication aid has been tested, with its accessories, as a class one medical device and fully complies with all parts of the 93/42/EEC as amended by 2007/47/EC (MDD).
NOVA chat 5
Designed with an active AAC communicator in mind, the next generation of the new NOVA chat 5 is durable, lightweight and portable. As the lightest dedicated AAC device on the market, it also meets, and exceeds, the new industry requirements for protection against solids and liquids.
- New design is water-resistant and protects against solid objects larger than 1 mm
- Convenient single USB-C port with protective cover charges both device and amp
- Sleek, integrated amp can be heard in a variety of environments
- Optional hand support available for secure carrying and use
- Integrated kickstand allows device sit upright for easy use
- Front and rear facing cameras allow for a variety of uses
- The lightest dedicated AAC device on the market
- Available in black
- Measures 17cm L x 9cm W x 2.8cm D
- Weighs 317g
- 5", 1080 x 1920 pixel screen
- Combination of ChatPC and TouchChat functionality
- Social Chat Features (copy/paste/share text with social networks)
- NOVA chat Editor (CD)
- Built-in camera
- Word Prediction
- 3 years Total LibCare Warranty
- Free face-to-face training
Vocabulary Options such as WordPower from Inman Innovations highlight the listing of powerful communication options that are provided. WordPower offers a series of new AAC vocabularies designed specifically for the Chat Software.
- WordPower 20 Simply incorporates carrier phrases with core words for quick and easy language generation and therefore, could be called a “hybrid,” because it can be used primarily as a phrase-based system, or as a word-based system. It was designed for users with motor disabilities and access issues, those with vision impairment that need large cells and print, cognitively and severely language disabled individuals who benefit from phrases to assist with quick language generation, and those who have scanning access needs.
- WordPower 25 Touch & Scan is a new vocabulary designed to be accessible via direct selection as well as scanning for quick and easy language generation. It incorporates carrier phrases with core words that move seamlessly between the main page and related categories. Individuals who need a sophisticated and efficient language system with a minimum number of cells per page will benefit from this robust vocabulary.
- WordPower 42 us a word-based vocabularies that allows for easy intuitive communication. The program has been designed specifically for this portable and readily available platform. It is a generative language system that will be familiar to those using WordPower on other systems, and easy to learn for new users.
- WordPower 42 Basic is a simplified version of WordPower 42. This word-based system remains rich in core vocabulary, and it may be appropriate for beginning users or those who need a more basic vocabulary design. It is designed to make communication fast and easy.
- WordPower 48 is a modified version of WordPower 42, but it includes an extra column on every page. The extra column includes designated buttons for clear, smart period, delete word, and plural –s. It is a word-based vocabulary that was designed to be an easy and intuitive generative language system. This vocabulary is configured to work with a keyguard and with scanning.
- WordPower 60 consists of a large number of high frequency words available on the main page, resulting in fast communication with reduced keystrokes. Word completion and logical next words are used, and the "grammar" function provides morphological endings to verbs, nouns and adjectives. Spelling with word prediction along with the category-based pages contained in all other versions of the vocabulary are also available. This vocabulary is configured to work with a keyguard.
- WordPower 60 Basic was designed with early language learners in mind, providing ample picture support and novel structures to facilitate expressive language development. Core vocabulary is embedded within category and activity pages, allowing easy generation of language from the main core page as well as within specific topic-based pages. Core words remain consistent in terms of placement and access, providing a natural bridge between core and fringe words. Early literacy is enhanced by providing pages designed to teach language and core through children’s books.
- WordPower 80 is a vocabulary consisting of high-frequency core words, spelling and word prediction, all on the main page. It also includes the category-based pages contained in all other versions of the vocabulary. With this setup, the user can use core words in the same sentences without moving to a separate page to spell. This vocabulary is configured to work with a keyguard and with scanning.
- WordPower 108 consists of a large number of high frequency words on the main page, resulting in fast communication and quick access to core words. Word completion and logical next words are used, and the “grammar” function provides morphological endings to verbs, nouns and adjectives.
- “Communication Journey: Aphasia” is a vocabulary file containing features and vocabulary designed to support people with aphasia. It was developed by Lois Turner (SLP), Anne MacCallum (SLP) and Sarah Gauthier (SLP Assistant) in consultation with a group of speech-language pathologists who work exclusively with people with aphasia and brain injuries. All the participants work at CAYA (Communication Assistance for Youth and Adults) and the GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre in Vancouver, BC, Canada. The framework of the file was derived from the Life Participation Approach to Aphasia from the Aphasia Institute in Toronto, Canada. The pages were created to facilitate participation in daily activities and to promote social links.
- A Basic 4-Location file has also been added for those needing minimal targets.
- MultiChat 15 is offered in a Student, Adolescent and Adult version for NOVA chat. There are multiple forms of communication available in this program: sentences, phrases, individual words, recordings for story-telling, and visual scenes. Also included are interactive play and reading pages, social pages and a News-2-You starter page for the weekly newspaper’s vocabulary. There are symbols on every button with the exception of several core words.